KEREMEOS IRRIGATION DISTRICT
WATER CONSERVATION MEASURES 2019
General Rules for Stages 1 to 3
- Irrigating is not permitted from October 15th to April 15th
- Irrigating of crops including vegetable gardens is exempt from Stages 1 to 3.
- Hand watering is always permitted.
- Leaving an open free flowing pipe, outlet or hose is never permitted.
- Wasting water is never permitted. (E.g. allowing water from sprinkler to flow down a roadway.)
- Users are encouraged to avoid watering during the hottest periods of the day.
- Automatic sprinkler systems are only permitted to water between midnight and 6 a.m. on days described below.
- The number of manually controlled sprinklers that may operate are restricted based on size of property and are as follows:
0 - .25 acre 1 sprinkler .51 - .75 acre 3 sprinklers
.26 - .50 acre 2 sprinklers .76 - 1.0 acre 4 sprinklers
Stage 1 in addition to the above General Rules In Effect from April 15th to October 15th
- Even number addresses may only water on even numbered days.
- Odd number addresses may only water on odd numbered days.
Stage 2 (In addition to Stage 1, as deemed in effect by Trustees & ratepayers will be notified )
- Users may not water between the hours of 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Stage 3 (In addition to Stages 1 and 2, as deemed in effect by Trustees & ratepayers will be notified)
- No filling of swimming pools, hot tubs, garden ponds or decretive ponds is permitted.
- No washing of RVs, boats or Vehicles motorized or otherwise is allowed.
- No washing of driveways, sidewalks, Patios or eaves can occur.
- No outside use of water for any purpose.
PO Box 220, 712 – 6th Ave. Keremeos, BC V0X 1N0 Ph 250-499-5651 email: firstname.lastname@example.org