KEREMEOS IRRIGATION DISTRICT
WATER CONSERVATION MEASURES 2019
General Rules for Stages 1 to 3
- Irrigating is not permitted from October 15th to April 15th
- Irrigating of crops including vegetable gardens is exempt from Stages 1 to 3.
- Hand watering is always permitted.
- Leaving an open free flowing pipe, outlet or hose is never permitted.
- Wasting water is never permitted. (E.g. allowing water from sprinkler to flow down a roadway.)
- Users are encouraged to avoid watering during the hottest periods of the day.
- Automatic sprinkler systems are only permitted to water between midnight and 6 a.m. on days described below.
- The number of manually controlled sprinklers that may operate are restricted based on size of property and are as follows:
0 - .25 acre 1 sprinkler .51 - .75 acre 3 sprinklers
.26 - .50 acre 2 sprinklers .76 - 1.0 acre 4 sprinklers
Stage 1 in addition to the above General Rules In Effect from April 15th to October 15th
- Even number addresses may only water on even numbered days.
- Odd number addresses may only water on odd numbered days.
Stage 2 (In addition to Stage 1, as deemed in effect by Trustees & ratepayers will be notified )
- Users may not water between the hours of 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Stage 3 (In addition to Stages 1 and 2, as deemed in effect by Trustees & ratepayers will be notified)
- No filling of swimming pools, hot tubs, garden ponds or decretive ponds is permitted.
- No washing of RVs, boats or Vehicles motorized or otherwise is allowed.
- No washing of driveways, sidewalks, Patios or eaves can occur.
- No outside use of water for any purpose.
PO Box 220, 712 – 6th Ave. Keremeos, BC V0X 1N0 Ph 250-499-5651 email: email@example.com
SEEKING CASUAL LABORER APPLY BY JULY 30, 2019 AT 4 PM
July 23, 2019
Keremeos Irrigation District Launches a New Website! Subscribe Today!
March 30, 2015
Keremeos Irrigation District is proud to announce the launch of our new website. Subscribe to our site and you will receive up to the minute info on Current Projects, News and Alerts delivered straight to your email inbox or via text!